Technical Youth Assistant - Database & Reporting - Mafraq - Jordan
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Technical Youth Assistant DB & Reporting Mafraq
Roles and Responsibilities
The NRC Jordan Youth Programme in Host Communities supports Syrian refugee and vulnerable Jordanian youth (aged 16-26) to be active members of their communities through provision of training, recreational activities, youth-led social initiatives, and volunteering. The role of the Youth Database and Reporting Technical Assistant manages data for implementation and M&E in the youth social development and community engagement components of the Youth Programme. Responsibilities include: direct oversight of data entry, data collection and analysis, develop and implement M&E systems, produce regular reports, and acting as information line focal point.
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
• Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Core Competency portfolio according to plan of action.
• Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
• Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
• Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
• Ensure proper filing of documents.
• Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
• Carry out data collection as required. Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of NRC policy on confidentiality and consent.
• Responsible for the allocation of tasks, supervision and support to data entry volunteers on a daily basis
• Responsible for registration, student exam results and attendance for both students and teachers.
• Create systems for producing regular reports/fact sheets reflecting the data entered in databases, and produce monthly, quarterly and annual management supporting reports and analysis as required.
• Train other team members on project specific M&E tools and skills if necessary.
• Act as a focal point for the NRC joint information line and for different types of assessments in coordination with M&E department.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for candidates with a Vocational/Tawjihi degree or equivalent, Bachelor s in MIS, Computer Engineering or Computer Science is an advantage. Technical expertise in Advanced Excel and Access.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: 7 months
Salary/benefits: 842 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Mafraq
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
Related documents Job Description
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
Data Entry / Operations / Back Office Processing