- Supervise and carry out the Installation, maintenance, commissioning,repair & testing of electronic, pneumatic, mechanical and analytical instruments and control/ Safety systems in the operating areas in line with HSE Guidelines, Operating & Maintenance Procedures and the Permit to Work system
- Carries out planned (preventive & routine) maintenance activities, repair and testing of instrumentation/control devices and systems in assigned field in accordance with set plans and standard procedures.
- Participates in major overhaul and shutdown maintenance activities as assigned by Engineers.Includes carrying out shutdown preparation, data collection and condition monitoring duties as assigned.
- Investigates and troubleshoots maintenance problems. Implements fault-finding routines and procedures, diagnoses problems and takes appropriate action including devising and implementing solutions in consultation with supervisor and other colleagues.
- Assists supervisor in maintaining an efficient workshop services in support of maintenance activities.
- Perform field and/or system modifications of control elements and/or control loops as per the plant change requests and assist to update all related plant drawings to reflect the actual changes thus enhancing the plant operation in line with the management of change of procedure.
- Initiates the updating of maintenance records for assigned equipment and plant. Prepares records and processes for supervisor™s endorsement and subsequent input in the CMMS.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, files and statements related to maintenance and possibly administrative matter, as assigned.
- Understands the Company health, safety and environmental policy and how it relates to his job.Performs his work in a safe and efficient manner, and is familiar with relevant safe working procedures and practices. Performs specific safety management system program activities assigned to him by his supervisor
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control or Electronics discipline or equivalent Professional Qualification
- 6 years of experience in Instrument and Control engineering and maintenance within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry