Requisition ID: req7337
Job Title: Technology for Program and Information Management Manager - Derik/ Al-Hasekeh
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
I- Support continuous quality improvement by overseeing the maintenance and enhancement to existing mobile data collection tools and applications used to support IRC programs. Applications currently include Ona, and CommCare:
• Support MEAL/program staff to administer, configure, and manage existing tools and applications
• Support staff to appropriately retrieve, manage, and use data from existing tools and applications
• Adhere to best practices in system administration and maintenance to ensure quality of data and reduce failures or data corruption on existing software platforms
• Perform advanced maintenance, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
• Create and ensure quality integrations with reporting tools such as Power BI
• Define and document role-based access profiles and assignments for applications and tools
• Keep up-to-date documentation on operating procedures and practices to ensure sustainability
• Identify pain points and propose tool enhancements, managing the change impact analysis, design, test, train, and release cycle as a product owner/manager for the team
• Support additional applications as they come online
II - Liaise between application providers, technical specialists, and technical advisors to design, build, and implement new technology solutions as a product owner and SCRUM Master :
• Understand the high level requirements, use cases, and workflow from ALL stakeholders.
• Perform requirements gathering and functional design for the chosen solution
• Manage prioritization of features, ensuring a focus on MVP and clear enhancement roadmaps
• Manage vendor/contractor s development cycle, and be willing to at times perform configuration of the solution, across all technology touchpoints
• Perform or oversee the testing, along with key users (field and office staff)
• Perform or oversee the training of key users (field and office staff)
• Create / sign off on support documentation for users and administrators
• Respond to support needs for a settling in period after implementation
• Ensure best practices are used throughout the project lifecycle
III - Information Management
• Formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
• Identify and obtain the needed data and information elements required to produce standardized information products and design and manage respective data / information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
• Assist in the implementation of standardized information management policies, data systems and information products across offices within the country operation, including the common operational datasets and fundamental operational datasets.
• Provide Information Management services to support monitoring activities within Sectors.
IV - Research new technologies which may contribute to IRC Outcomes related to IRC thematic areas of protection, livelihoods and Health.
• Keep up-to-date on the profile of IRC beneficiaries and field staff as customers of technology for programs solutions
• Identify and attend relevant conferences
• Liaise and build relationships with potential partners
• Create proposals for technical experts on how the technology will fit into programs and contribute to IRC Outcomes
Note: - The role of the T4P Manager cannot be limited to the specific duties and tasks detailed herein. The success of the IRC s humanitarian mission is the highest priority and all issues which arise must be addressed accordingly. Therefore, s/he will be required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances and remain flexible to perform any other duties, as and when required.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Management or related field
• Fluency in English and Arabic.
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience in the area of technology for programs, development and/or information Management tools.
• Experience using Power-Bi and mobile ODK based tools, like CommCare and ONA
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing and managing databases.
• Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting trainings in field-level mobile data collection and data entry.
• Demonstrated software development experience.
• Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
• Preferred experience and knowledge in data analysis using STATA or R for example.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
• Excellent report writing and analytical skills.
• INGO experience preferred.
• Personal qualities: works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
• Strong facilitation/communication skills, and strong understanding of how to safely and accurately collect feedback from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position Reports to : MEAL Coordinator
Position directly supervises : N/A
Position works with: Program Coordinators, MEAL team, IM team, field staff and Regional T4P Manager.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.