At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we ve got on property and off. When guests stay with us, it s not just a room with a bed that they re buying. It s an experience. We re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
• To develop a thorough knowledge of the Front Office department s operation and to work close with the other departments of the Hotel.
• Keep telephone operator equipment (switchboards, faxes, photocopier, etc.) in excellent functional condition at all times.
• Monitor, Control and ensure consistent proper communication of emergency situations to the hotel department heads.
• Handling all normal duties related to the telephone department and SG program in line with Sheraton Brand Standards.
• Ensure that services provided are in harmony with our Sheraton core values.
• Ensure that our guests receive an on brand personalized experience over the phone.
• 100% daily usage of the Master Arrival Report to deliver GPS initiative successfully to our guests.
• Ensure smooth and clear communication between Operator and the rest of the hotel.
• Maintain and share monthly updated extensions list.
• Ensure compliance with PCI policies.
• Ensure that guests requests are fulfilled and closed in SG within 15 minutes as average response time.
• Ensure guests defects are closed in SG within 15 minutes from the time the complaint was received while ensuring that guests are appropriately compensated and guests are satisfied.
• Use SG to update guests profiles with requests, defects, preferences and any other comments/information acquired during stay
• Be aware of the hotel Fire and Emergency procedures.
• Ensure desk is at all times equipped with functional equipment and stocked with enough stationary and collateral, forms and order them in a timely manner.
• Trouble Shoot and/or assist guests with internet issues.
• To have a very strong knowledge about hotel features, facilities, services and daily happenings .
• To maintain the operator area clean and tidy.
• To keep his/her equipment in a good condition.
• To answer all incoming calls within 3 rings using Sheraton Brand Standards script.
• To handle calls transfers according to the Sheraton Brand Standards.
• To maintain an accurate wakeup call sheet and To handle wake up calls with efficiency and according to the Sheraton Brand Standards
• To handle incoming and outgoing faxes according to the Sheraton Brand Standards.
• To ensure PCI compliance
• Assist the hotel revenue by selling the hotel rooms and outlets by taking the overflow calls and/or replace rooms and F&B reservation associates whenever not available.
• Have sufficient information about local surrounding areas to able to provide guests with choices and/or alternatives when requesting for assistance.
• Build positive, effective and on brand relationships with internal and external customers.
• Actively participate in the hotel sustainability, community and OI activities.
• Ensure proper grooming of his/her associates at all times as per hotel guidelines.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Computer Skills
• Opera knowledge
• Team work spirit
• Excellent command of English
• Additional language is highly required
• Excellent communication and follow up skills
• Prompt and caring with guest services experience
• Honesty, integrity and ownership skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.