• To convert enquiries into innovative, efficient solutions which best combine the commercial and technical aspects in order to achieve profitable revenue.
• To contribute to the growth and profitability of the RMDK Group by fulfilling their role within the business.
• To convert complex enquiries from customers and the Sales Team into drawings and quotations for the supply of RMDK equipment on a hire and sale basis.
• To work under the control, instruction and guidance of the Senior Engineer and other senior staff and in conjunction with the Sales Team.
• To support orders received from customers through production of final drawings, cost estimates, progress paperwork, and agreement of variations, all through the Sales Team and as required for each project.
• To carry out work in accordance with RMDK BS/EN/ISO Procedures and RMDK Quality Assurance Procedures.
• To have a proactive responsibility for RMDK Health and Safety issues.
• To be a supportive and collaborative member of the Engineering Team.
• To provide a service to customers and the Sales Team by resolving technical queries of a reasonably complex nature
• To seek assistance from other Engineering Staff in calculations and applications when required.
• To provide guidance/reviewing/checking of RMDK calculations and applications where required.
• To have an input to new product design by submitting ideas for new products.
• To set an example to other members of staff in the level of professionalism and performance expected at RMDK.
• To aspire to build a knowledge and skill level for the abilities required of an Engineering Team Leader.
• Preparation of schemes/calculations/quotations within time constraints reasonably demanded by the Sales Team.
• Design and production of safe structures/equipment in accordance with appropriate standards and RMDK product data.
• Be aware of and adhere to the Company s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Understand how to calculate wind loadings to BS6399:2 and be able to apply wind loads to standard formwork and falsework schemes.
• Have a detailed knowledge of Formwork a Guide to Good Practice.
• Understand the effects of lateral restraint in the design of beams. Be able to work out the effective length of beams and cantilevers and carry out standard beam design accordingly.
• Have an appreciation of BS 5975:2008 and be able to apply it to falsework applications.
• Understand the concept of buckling, effective length and slenderness ratio and how it affects the capacity of struts.
• Understand the reasons for bracing falsework and be able to calculate brace loads
• Have a good understanding of factors affecting the stability of Formwork/Falsework structures and be able to prove the factor of safety against overturning.
• Understand the concept of friction and be able to apply it to applicable situations.
• Be able to carry out basic timber beam design using BS5975:2008.
• Be able to calculate elastic shortening/lengthening of struts and ties.
• Be able to calculate forces generated by inclined falsework and formwork.
• Be able to apply engineering principles to non standard situations.
• Input to new product design by submitting ideas for new product
• In addition to the above, the Temporary Works Engineer Team Leader commits to:
• Involving teams in agreeing KPA s and KPI s for optimal performance
• Ensuring that opportunities to develop are offered fairly
• Creating a safe environment where team members can discuss any concerns they may have
• Giving constructive feedback that will allow team members to improve
• Providing learning, training and development opportunities to help meet job objectives and to make sure this is helping team members improve
• Being there to answer questions and deal with issues
• Conducting inductions and performance reviews in a fair, timely and competent manner
• Giving praise where it is due
• Dealing with under-performance in a professional manner, in line with company policies.
• Encouraging team work
Knowledge skills & experience
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Knowledge & Experience:
• Relevant Industry experience
• Regional experience
• Knowledge of formwork and falsework systems
• ME experience preferred
Skills - Reference is made to Career Development document - Technical Department
• AutoCAD, Locus (RMDK08) Optima, Euroschal, Windows - Have a detailed knowledge of the software and be able to train others
• Word, Excel, Quick-frame /Master series - Be competent and confident using the software in standard applications
Products & Applications :-
• Access, Formwork, Falsework, Supportwork : Have a detailed knowledge of these products/applications and be able to apply to non-standard application. Be able to train others
• Clear Spanning Be competent using the product, be consistently able to produce standard schemes and takeoff without guidance
Industry & Company :-
• Have a detailed knowledge of structure of RMDK ME. Know who to contact within operations, sales and engineering for different issues.
• Understand different basic site management structures and roles of site staff. Understand the relationship between RMDK, our customers and other involved parties. Appreciate different construction techniques and how they impact on the schemes we offer.
• Have an understanding of our competitor equipment. Know the basic capacities, strengths/weakness and how we can compete against them.
Project Management :-
• Take full responsibility for individual schemes. Take responsibility for projects with multiple schemes in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
• Have a detailed understanding of the engineering procedures and be able to explain them to others. Understand procedures for special items.
• Manage the technical interface between RMDK and the customer for standard schemes. Agree and achieve target dates.
• Carry out the site inspections occasional site visits to resolve problems or to investigate reported incidents/accidents.
• Be pro-active at producing designs are cost effective and assist sales staff by highlighting possible savings through design