Energy is central to a series of future challenges. Everywhere in the world, Total's employees are contributing to bring energy safer, more reliable and affordable, and cleaner. Total s objective is to become the responsible energy major, and a market leader in developing and distributing low carbon energy on a global scale.
You have the opportunity to join Total renewables to take up a new challenge and join the renewables energy industry within the Total Group. We are looking for a talented, committed and entrepreneurial Construction Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned on a need basis.
• Manage a technical team of 7- 15 people to successfully manage all the technical / engineering aspects of the ongoing projects.
• Have a strong problem solving mindset to constantly meet customers needs and develop high level projects
• Assess site technical constraints and consumption, and evaluate feasibility stage project configurations, characteristics and risks.
• In offer preparation phase, fully understand customer s needs by coordination with sales team, perform technical due diligence of the site, and optimize the commercial offer through PV system performance, technical solution costs, robustness and quality. This may entail relying on external engineering resources.
• Prepare and follow-up with external resources for local approvals and regulatory obligations.
• Support preparation of dossiers to be submitted to internal investment committees.
• Liaise with HQ technical services for technical specifications use and continuous improvement (dotted line functional link to the DG Project Manager in HQ), and with remote engineering support when applicable.
• Select and on-board suppliers including EPCs and engineering consultants, in full respect of New Products, HSE, Quality and compliance guidelines and specifications.
• Assist and engage in techno-commercial negotiations and maintain relationships with key customers, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured.
• Oversee project management plan and review the status of ongoing projects.
• Manage projects construction plan with focus on safety, quality, budget and planning.
The position will be based in Dubai and the scope of activities will extend to United Arab Emirates .