• Directs a professional staff of project managers on multiple highly complex programs or be an individual contributor on high priority strategies that will shape the future of AIG Operations and the company.
• Manages projects end-to-end, to deliver business outcomes. Works with the Global Process Owner and/or Regional Leader to manage business transformation projects and strategies. Projects will include strategy/discovery, preparation/assessment, planning, execution, sustainment and benefit realization.
• Design and work with the Regional Operating Leaders to implement a Continuous Improvement program as a sustained discipline and practice with AIG Operations across all locations.
• Acts as SME for engagements in the areas of project management, change management/transformations, solution development, and quality assurance.
• Works closely with the project stakeholders and is able to think strategically about how actions and overall program will fit within the overall business needs and priorities.
• Works with other project managers to improve the capabilities while managing adherence to business priorities as well as project procedures and standards.
• Prepares and tracks budgets, project plans, and staffing plans.
• Ensure early detection of project issues and risks with early identification of mitigation strategies and stakeholder communication and engagement.
• Maintains project program and financials using AIG s standard system for project tracking
• Builds, drives, and manages relationships with our senior internal business leaders and ensure their continued alignment, engagement, and achievement of business outcomes
• Provides project and program status to executive management providing recommendations as needed.
• Engage with key stakeholders including vendors where key delivery areas are outsourced.
• Coordinates and plans with interdependent teams across Business, Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Legal & Compliance, Technology, and PMO organizations
• A change agent and champion who will lead and drive change
• Invested in the development of a future state that will raise the bar on the service experience delivered to our end customers
• Data driven decision maker who utilizes data to direct decision making
• Identify and manage timely and effective resolution of any issues that surface during the handling of all assigned duties. Track and report implementation activity results in a real time fashion via internal Implementation databases and reporting tools.
• Conduct lessons learned at the end of each implementation phase for continuous improvement purposes.
• Develop and execute plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality.
• Must be proactive in managing issues by anticipating the outcome of the process and ensuring all necessary steps have been taken.
• Model and coach others on Operational Excellence.
• Identify gaps and facilitate training needs within the team.
What we are looking for
• Deep skills and experience in project management
• Keen ability to identify and implement improvement and transformation opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
• Proven leader with ability to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on Transformation and Continuous Improvement vision and objectives
• Demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional results, with an ability to speak to process improvements and specific results achieved.
• Metric oriented, with a track record of delivering value add solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Inclusive leader who fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion
• Lean / Six Sigma experience preferred
• BA/BS degree required.
• MBA/MS/Professional degree preferred.
• Strategic thinker with experience and a passion for driving results.
• Self-starter that is comfortable working in a dynamic program environment that includes a degree of ambiguity. Willing to dive in as part of the team to get the job done.
• Analytical, creative thinking combined with quantitative and relationship building skills.
• Ability to analyze data, determines root cause, and provides and/or develops an appropriate solution for resolution.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple and competing priorities.
• Proactive problem-solving ability with solutions oriented attitude.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment and make decisions while considering client requirements.
• Ability to travel on occasion as needed.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG MEA Limited