Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Translator will be responsible for the below tasks:
• Provide accurate and high quality written as well as simultaneous and successive interpretation/translation during conference, seminars, meetings and briefings, while ensuring consistency of terminology and correspondence to lexical, stylistic and semantic content of the original.
• Responsible for interpretation/translation and computerized production of all original and translated
• materials produced within the project, such as technical manuals and documents, progress reports, official
• letters, catalogs, briefings, annual work plans, presentations, incoming and outgoing correspondence and
• purchase documents etc.
• Provide simultaneous interpretation services at all levels to the English-speaking staff in their meetings with the counterparts.
• Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials outside the office to ensure accuracy and consistency with the project s special terminology.
• Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal materials.
• Accompany project English-speaking staff in field visits to partner institutions to facilitate communication.
• Assist in the translation and collection of data and write-ups for the preparation of the project work plans, quarterly progress reports, policy papers in addition to a series of brochures, and other materials.
Perform general editorial and admin duties as needed.
Not Specified at least