Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, The First Group is a dynamic, integrated global property developer with a fast-growing portfolio of upscale hotels, residential properties, F&B brands and real estate asset management services. Since our launch in 2005, we have carved a highly successful niche offering unrivalled property investment opportunities in high-growth markets to clients from more than 70 countries worldwide.
We were among the first developers to identify the tremendous potential in providing private investors the opportunity to purchase hotel guestrooms, suites and serviced apartments in our collection of upscale properties located in highly popular locations across Dubai. We back up our success with a list of International Property awards along with strategic partnerships with companies such as Wyndham Hotel group, Millennium Hotels, Emirates Airlines and Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts.
To successful candidates, we offer a diverse progressive corporate working environment with clear growth potential along with award winning sales & marketing tools, a state of the art showroom featuring Dubai s only virtual helicopter tour and endorsements from a number of international sporting celebrities.
We are looking to grow our Treasury department. The selected candidate will support the department in meeting the Treasury compliance & banking responsibilities in relation to applicable rules, regulations and guidance for GCC (with support from the Treasurer and internal stakeholders). Principally, this will take the form of undertaking day-to-day monitoring the adherence of the business, as well as assessing implications of new regulation and developing internal policies and processes to mitigate risks of non-compliance and take responsibility to maintain a broad range of Operational Risk processes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting the Treasurer to ensure company meets its compliance responsibilities in relation to the applicable governing rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of Escrow banking & RERA rules and regulations and adhering to these rules
• Assist in the investigation, analysis and documentation of client s KYC s
• Create a database and archive all historical and future documentation for each client
• Review incoming transfers swift copies of incoming transfers
• Maintain the Risk Control Assessments (Risk Matrix) for all areas ensuring these are regularly reviewed and updated
• Review external operational risk events and assess their impact on client and whether any adjustment to the control framework is required.
• Maintain and provide quarterly reporting in respect of the status of all departmental procedures and their ongoing review status.
• Update Compliance Manual and assist in developing policy in line with changes in the regulatory environment.
• Assist in the development and provision of training on compliance and AML matters to staff within the company as appropriate.(i.e Market Abuse, Conflict of Interest).
• Assisting the Head of Compliance in managing the relationship with the internal and external Auditors & other Group functions.
• Assist business units in meeting their regulatory requirements and represent compliance on the various project working groups, as requested.
• As required, provide ad-hoc support for vetting of sanction false-positive exceptions and other matters that fall under the remit of the department.
• Assist in the documentation for onboarding with banks and account openings/closing
• Bank Account Management including bank mandates management and ensure renewal and updating the mandates as needed on a timely basis, managing company KYC documentation requirements
• Liaise with the legal department on required document queries by the bank or regulatory authorities
• Maintain Trust Account System and adhere to the rules and regulations of the regulatory authorities
• Communicate and update management on progress of RERA Audits and assist the internal stakeholders where necessary on reconciliations or any queries
• Liaise with the banks on operational queries from internal teams
• Daily cash position report monitor cash position to ensure sufficient liquidity Group-wide cash forecasting, including preparation of consolidated cash flow forecasts
• Maintaining proper records for all treasury transactions
• Maintain Online Banking Systems and updating delegation of Authorities and Internal Controls
• Review of cash forecasts received by business units and present to management
• Managing existing loan facilities, regular compliance reporting and debt servicing
• Assist in the documentation of Treasury & Compliance processes and procedures
• Any other reasonable task or responsibility set by and agreed with the Treasurer
Desired Skill & Expertise
• Fluent in English
• UAE experience in a similar role is A MUST
• High attention to detail and accuracy is A MUST
• Should be able to deal well under pressure
• Having dealt with banks or worked in a bank is an preferred