Vacancy: Tug Master
Urgently required for our client in Abu Dhabi
• Secondary School, Valid Tug Master certificate issued by an approved Maritime Authority.
• Written and spoken English is necessary, Arabic is preferred
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in the Main Port including berthing, un-berthing,
• Towing all size and kind of vessels operating ASD and Voith Schneider Propulsion systems.
• Tug and Tender vessel Handling, Ship Husbandry and maintenance, General Tug and Tender V/L construction and stability, Crew Management, Visual and Instrument Navigation, Application of radar, GPS and echo sounder in restricted visibility
• responsible for day to day running of all port tugs. To ensure vessel operations activities are carried out on a regular basis as per schedule. To conduct HSE activities, ensure vessel availability and ensure that any incident occurs within the port is promptly reported to the concerned authority Tug Master is fully responsible for the safety of the tug and the crew in all respect at all times.
• Daily inspection of all safety gear, deck machinery and fire fighting equipment for their functioning condition.
• He is responsible to Chief tug master to give all reports of daily duties, mechanical defects, engine or generator failure, crew problems and any incident / accident.
• Assist the duty pilot in berthing un-berthing of vessel calling at company Port KP or any other location as required.
• Assist all suction trailer dredgers to maintain a safe position whilst discharging dredge material.
• Ensure that the correct length of tow rope is paid out or taken from the towed vessel and that the remaining part is wrapped correctly on the winch drum at all times or made fast correctly on the hook / bitts, as appropriate.
• Carry out frequent inspection of the towrope to check for any damage due to chaffing, oil stains, burnt marks, etc… and arrange for immediate replacement. If in doubt about the condition, then consult the Chief Tug Master or Marine Operations Manager.
• Inspect condition of the tug, its deck equipment and machinery condition, allocate, and monitor deck maintenance work to be done by the tug seamen, and report to the Chief Tug Master.
• Monitor and maintain the general condition and cleanliness of the tug at the prescribed standard level at all times.
• Please send your detailed CV, showing your Date of Birth, Nationality & Skype ID, Passport No & Expected salary, to our e-mail address