At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Reporting to the UAE Core Assurance Resourcing Manager, the UAE Core Assurance Resourcing Officers will support the Industry Groups and client teams. You will play an important role in supporting the implementation and delivery of Resource Management (RM) Services to ensure operational excellence. You will work with the Business and others in the RM and wider support functions to support the firm strategy around agility and mobility of our people and support the firm s people agenda e.g. Talent Management and skills development. This is a people focused role founded on effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
• Plan, coordinate and implement RM (workforce planning / deployment / talent management) activity to support the overall business objectives and RM strategy
• Make sure the business needs are delivered in an efficient manner at all times by optimising allocation of work and deployment of staff to maximise profitability in conjunction with personal development plans and individuals wellbeing
• Demonstrate good knowledge of the Business and be proactive in relation to the supply and demand challenges of the Business i.e. busy periods, recurring business, etc
• Produce Management Information (MI) for RM function and client needs, e.g. graphs, analytical data, trends. Review and analyse the MI and reports highlighting BU trends and any risks/exceptions
• Be prepared to challenge the BU protocols if impacting resourcing i.e. completion of timesheets, accuracy of codes, etc
• Establish effective relationships and becomes known as a reference point within RM. Engage with the Engagement Managers & Partners to understand their priorities.
• Build relationships with other functions such as Human Capital (HC) and Finance and interact from the RM perspective
• Engage and promote the use of key resourcing systems including TalentLink, iPower, & budgeting systems to enable effective resourcing
• 2+ years proven workforce planning, resourcing & project management experience, ideally from within professional services or a corporate environment.
• Experience of prioritisation or conflict resolution, with the ability to manage complex conflicts between numerous parties in a fast changing environment
• Strong relationship management experience; ability to interact with people at all levels and able to influence, challenge and negotiate effectively
• Strong excel skills and confident handling systems, reports and analysing data
• Experience using Powerpoint and developing presentation packs
• Confident dealing with senior stakeholders (Director, Partners, Leadership teams)
• Strong communicator
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 4, 2018