The ULV maintenance technician performs various maintenance tasks on various equipment and systems in a timely manner. His duty covers all aspects of maintenance starting from inspection, monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and handover to operations.
· Perform corrective and preventive maintenance tasks as required.
· Install and program control panels and all other equipment for fire alarm systems with the guidance of building plans and electrical layouts.
· Install all wiring to connect system components, complying with all applicable safety standards
· Inspect and test systems to ensure all components are performing well and comply with safety requirements.
· Perform routine condition based inspections as required.
· Submit allocated reports in a timely manner.
· Troubleshoot failures on various electromechanical systems.
· Operate various types of equipment, including but not limited: forklifts, pickups, scissor lifts, etc.
· Diagnose problems and analyze failure root cause.
· Fill and update allotted work orders on regular basis in order to keep CMMS data up to date.
· Coordinate on regular basis with CMMS planner during corrective maintenance tasks providing information such as start time, expected completion time, expected delays, required spare parts, additional assistance needed, potential safety risks, completion time prior to closing work order.
· Coordinate with quality control, safety, planning, and warehouse in order to perform all scheduled tasks in a timely manner.
· Perform necessary housekeeping after completion of maintenance works ensuring the premises is completely safe and free from any obstacles.
· Coordinate with the warehouse to request, retrieve and return spare parts.
· Request necessary work permit approvals prior starting critical maintenance tasks.
· Maintain all tools and equipment in good working order.
· Take the necessary and mandatory safety precautions before, during and after the execution of tasks including but not limited to:
o Installing the necessary barriers around the work area
o Installing the necessary warning signs
o Wearing the proper PPE
o Using the correct tools
o Thoroughly inspecting the equipment after the completion of the job.
· Test the equipment before releasing the same to operation.
· Keep the floor space clean and free from obstructions.
· Attend and pass all trainings assigned by the company (Including but not limited to online and refresher training).
· Abide by all key performance indicators set by the company.
· Maintain a clean and tidy work environment by performing regular housekeeping.
· Provide assistance to maintenance and cleaning teams when required.
· Abide by company processes relating to:
o Quality Management
o Safety Management
o Environmental Management
o Complaints Management
o Health Regulations
· Maintain a high level of personal hygiene as per company policy.
· Maintain positive and healthy relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and client representatives.
· Follow the instructions provided by the supervisor.
· Strictly follow all security regulations.
· Up to 5 years of experience as a maintenance safety fire alarm system technician in the industrial sector (manufacturing plants, processing plants, etc.)
· Experience in the troubleshooting and repair of various Electrical and electronic systems including but not limited to:
o Gas systems
o Chemical foam (Amerex, Ansul etc..)
o Water mist systems
o Foam deluge systems
o Servo motors, stepper motors, servo-stepper hybrids
o Printed circuit boards
o Inductors, coils, and chokes
o Power supplies, generators
o Contactors, relays and timers
o Diode bridges, op-amps, and microcontrollers
· Experience in installing/troubleshooting extra low voltage systems, Including but not limited to: audio conference, AV, alarm, CCTV, parking, building management systems, lighting systems, etc.
· Experience In troubleshooting circuit boards.
· Experience in reading electrical drawings, manuals and work instructions.
· Experience in sensors/instrumentation.
· Experience in working in a CMMS environment is a plus.
· Welding experience is a plus.
· Minimum 3-year technical diploma in related field from a recognized college.
· Physically fit.
· Clean bill of health (Physical and mental).
· Doesn’t suffer from any chronic disease (including but not limited to: Diabetes, Blood pressure, Heart conditions, etc.).
· Doesn’t depend on continuous medication.
· Good command of English language (speaking, reading and writing).
· Basic understanding of Arabic language is a plus.