SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an Utilities Manager to support a large Base Operations Support (BOS) program providing operations & maintenance (O&M) support services to our U.S. government customer in Iraq. The program shall support O&M, full supply chain fuel services, renovation and construction projects, and other limited logistics support. The ideal candidate will have experience working on other large O&M programs in contingency environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Oversee the management of the power station, critical power systems, and medium voltage distribution system.
• Monitors energy efficiency and analyzes system performance to provide engineering recommendations to improve compound sustainability and resiliency.
• Respond to critical service (Power/Water) outages and effect service restoration in a safe and expedient matter.
• Manage and oversee the operation, calibration, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repair to all mechanical and electrical equipment systems and electric/pneumatic control systems on site.
• Interpret work orders and associated specifications, operating manuals/procedures and technical publications in order to properly schedule work and provide advice to workers.
• Conduct or arrange for worker training in utilities operational procedures; repair, and maintenance techniques; and equipment use.
• Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, type of utilities services and skill of personnel.
• Monitor work locations in order to detect unsafe work conditions and implement on the spot corrections and process improvements as required.
• Participate in budget preparation, capital expenditure reviews, coordinating purchasing, and monitoring expenditures.
• Liaison with customer on commissioning and operational integration of ongoing and future engineering projects.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor s Degree from an accredited U.S. college or university; experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Seven years of relevant experience
• DoS or DoD Top Secret clearance
• Advanced demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
• Excellent demonstrated writing and speaking skills.
• Excellent demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Excellent demonstrated critical thinking skills.