About the Business
DP World is a leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain. We operate multiple yet related businesses from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of 77 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has long-lasting impact on economies and society and creates a better future for everyone.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivate long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
We make sure cargo keeps moving so people have the things they need, when they need them, helping economies grow and nations prosper. It s an important job, and one that requires smart, proud, passionate people working all across the world people who are not afraid to innovate and find new ways of driving our business forward. We foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and respect. Our global workforce is made up of 45,000 people with over 110 different nationalities who bring their experience and expertise together, allowing us to be a global leader.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovation we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
About the Role
The Digital Communications Manager, DP World, will lead communications & marketing activities for DP World s technology products. The Manager will work closely with DP World s Global Technology function. The position reports to the Head of Digital & Social Media.
The Digital Communications Manager will develop and manage the execution of a strategic communications plan that will integrate DP World s key messages, vision, mission, values and brand promise as it relates to our global digitisation strategy and specifically drive awareness and interest in DP World s technology products.
The role will be responsible for setting the digital engagement strategy, working with the central communications teams in developing a plan that incorporates all aspects of the communications mix, including digital media (paid, earned, owned) as well as acting as the lead liaison with media relations teams to develop stories of interest for media.
• Provide strategic advice and tactical communications leadership to DP World s global Technology function.
• Develop plans that support the business objectives set for the launch of new technology products.
• Manage external agency teams specifically the global digital communications agency team who will provide operational support.
• Oversee the continuous development of the key messages relating to DP World s digitisation strategy and specifically, around technology products.
• Develop influencer engagement programmes, where appropriate.
• Drive the creation of high-quality, accurate, content, such as: digital media ads, content for social media (including ads) blogs, whitepapers, podcasts, social films etc.
• Work cross-functionally with Media Relations, Corporate Responsibility, and other key functions to lead the development of messaging for all key stakeholders.
• Applicable if role has direct or indirect reports - responsible for the management and leadership of an engaged team, promoting collaboration and ensuring that each is developed and evaluated against goals and objectives which are aligned, specific, measurable, attainable yet challenging, realistic and time bound.
• Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World s Founder s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
• MBA or post-graduate qualification preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 8-10 years digital communications and / or marketing experience.
• Solid experience in developing and leading strategic integrated communication programmes, meeting expectations and deadlines within budgetary guidelines.
• Technology sector experience
• Develop, set the direction, lead and execute the digital communications & marketing strategy, for DP World s Technology products and digitisation approach, specifically targeting prospective customers and relevant external stakeholders.
• Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills; experience managing, inspiring, motivating and coaching teams.
• Track record in integrating and aligning communications and business strategies.
• Strong analytical, planning, attention to detail, and prioritising skills.
• A creative and innovative professional communicator able to inspire and support communications across a global organisation.
• Ability to achieve results through teams and to exert influence without direct authority.
• Fast and capable with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a commitment to quality; ability to prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven networking and relationship-building, and the ability to interact with confidence with various levels and functions.
• Culturally experienced and sensitive to working collaboratively with many different cultures and at different levels.
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Regional communications experience a plus. Additional languages a plus.
• Self-starter who thrives under pressure, can prioritise multiple projects, take the initiative and is driven to achieve results in a dynamic environment.
The employment benefits package is reflective of the location for this position.