The applicant will perform Organizational and Direct Support repairs in accordance with (IAW), US ARMY 10/20 PMCS Maintenance Standards with additional guidance per established refurbishment procedures. Must be able to perform services on different types of tactical vehicles, able to replace damaged components, diagnose mechanical and electrical problems, and troubleshoot brakes, suspension, and fuel and engine problems. All work performed will be in accordance with applicable Army technical manuals (TMs) using hardware and software tools currently available. The individual will provide technical and administrative supervision of the conventional maintenance facility. The heavy wheeled mechanic will be responsible for refurbishment, repairs and upgrades of Patriot and Patriot peculiar equipment and heavy duty wheeled vehicles including HEMTT s. Must also demonstrate proficiency in the refurbishment, repairs and upgrades of Patriot launcher trailers, and single & dual axle generator trailers. The individual will act as an advisor to the Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces for all matters relating to vehicle maintenance. Although military experience is preferred, a solid civilian automotive maintenance background to include diesel engine, drive train and suspension experience can be considered. They will also make recommendations for training, prepare materials and administer on-the-job training for selected personnel. The individual will also be responsible to make recommendations on parts requisitions, inspect satellite maintenance points to ensure adherence to military standard operating procedures for vehicle maintenance, and will assist the maintenance officer with the enforcement of safety policies, procedures and standards. Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Perform other duties and activities as directed. The Mechanic reports the RSADF Maintenance Officer. The position will be required to perform other related duties as required by the maintenance officer. This position is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
• Must have successfully completed a heavy duty vehicle maintenance course of instruction from a recognized technical institute.
• Possess experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy duty vehicles.
• Extensive knowledge in the depot and organizational level maintenance of heavy wheeled vehicles (inclusive of engines, transmissions, fuel systems, coolant systems, brake and electrical systems).
• Must demonstrate the ability to perform maintenance inspections and repairs, to include troubleshooting, diagnosing and parts ordering in accordance with applicable technical manuals.
• Move materials and equipment to work locations and set up work site.
• Complete records, maintain tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and refurbishment activities.
• Minimum of eight (5) years of field automotive maintenance experience to include troubleshooting and repair.
• Demonstrated experience in Organizational or Intermediate or General Support Maintenance of HEMTT automotive chassis, power train, and suspension system.
• Demonstrated experience with maintenance, repair, and operability of tools, test kits, test equipment, TMDE, in support of field automotive equipment.
• Demonstrated experience with equipment receipt, inspection, preparation, and set up.
• Demonstrated basic computer skills for record keeping and parts requisition.
• Graduate of specialized training on the M977 Series HEMTT
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of the Patriot HEMTT refurbishment, modification, and system integration process
• Demonstrated knowledge of Patriot peculiar launcher trailers and associated mechanics
• Demonstrated experience in the HIAB and/or GROVE Crane to include troubleshooting, repair, and load testing
• Demonstrated experience in the hydraulic and pneumatic system repair of the Patriot Antenna Mast Group
• Demonstrated ability to interact with leadership effectively including customer, Raytheon, teammates, and suppliers
• Previous experience in International Patriot FMS Programs
• Previous experience in training and training development
• Six Sigma certification
• Experience living and working in an overseas location
Required Education (including Major):
• High School diploma with 8 years of experience.