• Candidates should possess clarity on gender equality concepts, commitment to work in a gender-sensitive manner.
• Good track record in project management.
• Understanding of Government functioning and systems.
• Updated familiarity on various international projects across one or more areas of expertise.
• Working knowledge of objectives-oriented project planning, or results-based management
• Leadership skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities skills.
• Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in the use of office IT applications and internet.
• Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
Education, experience and skills
• Band 1 , Implementation Support: Master Degree in relevant field with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, or Bachelor Degree in relevant field with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Band 2 , Specialist Support: Master Degree in relevant field with minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, out of which minimum 3 years of international experience as a requirement.
• Band 3 , Senior Advisory: Master Degree in relevant field with minimum 12 years of relevant work experience, out of which minimum 5 years of international experience as a requirement.
• Demonstrated experience in at least 3 of the following areas: research, analysis, policy support, programme and project development, project management, knowledge management, and/or monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
• Proven experience working with a wide variety of development actors including at least 3 of the following areas: governments, international development organizations ,donors and other funding agencies, private sector entities, and/or civil society organizations including community groups, academia and the media;
• Previous work experience in Kuwait is an asset.
• Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is a must.
Relevant Field of Education
Degree in Environmental policy, environmental management, biological or earth sciences, forestry or land management, environmental or electrical engineering, chemistry, environmental or natural resource economics, energy, waste management, or related fields.