• Candidates should possess the basic gender competencies including clarity on gender equality concepts, commitment to work in a gender-sensitive manner; they should be able to demonstrate ability to carry out gender analysis within specific development areas through their work experiences
• Good track record in project management.
• Understanding of Government functioning and systems.
• Updated familiarity on various international projects across one or more areas of expertise.
• Working knowledge of objectives-oriented project planning, or results-based management
• Leadership skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities skills.
• Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in the use of office IT applications and internet.
• Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
Education, experience and skills
• Band 1 , Implementation Support: Master Degree in relevant field with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, or Bachelor Degree in relevant field with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Band 2 , Specialist Support: Master Degree in relevant field with minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, out of which minimum 3 years of international experience as a requirement.
• Band 3 , Senior Advisory: Master Degree in relevant field with minimum 12 years of relevant work experience, out of which minimum 5 years of international experience as a requirement.
• Knowledge and experience in international development, governance, and Governance and Peace Building programming and policy development.
• Knowledge of Governance and Peacebuilding issues.
• Experience in management of post-conflict interventions.
• Knowledge of high-level governance, capacity and public communication support.
• Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is a must.
Relevant Field of Education
Degree in governance related field including: Law, Economics, Public administration, development studies, Business Administration, Public Policy, Social Science, Political Science, international relations.
Evaluation of Applicants
Applicants will be screened against qualifications and the competencies specified above and may be may be requested to participate in a brief interview. Interested candidates are advised to carefully review this advertisement and ensure that they meet the requirements and qualifications described above.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Applications should include:
• A cover letter, clearly identifying the Areas of Expertise as mentioned in the background section above.
• Updated P11 and Personal CV , indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references
• Daily professional Fee.
Successful candidates will be included in Kuwait Nationally Managed Experts Roster for a period of 5 years, in one of the bands indicated above. However, the addition of an individual in the Roster does not guarantee a contract with UNDP.
• When a request for services arises, the roster manager shall Contact the individuals included in the specific area of expertise with ToR, location and dates of the assignment seeking confirmation of availability, as well as other costs such as living allowance, travel cost, etc. The daily fee quoted by the individual during this application process shall remain as the ceiling fee and cannot be increased upwards for any offered individual assignment(s).
• The individual selected for the deployment will be contracted as an Individual Contractor to the UNDP.
• The Contract and its terms and conditions are non-negotiable.
Travel: For each assignment UNDP shall reimburse cost of travel from the place of domicile of the individual to the place of assignment (most direct economy fare).