The University of Sharjah is committed to providing a world-class educational experience that prepares lifelong learners and leaders with integrated knowledge and skills. We are passionate about building a collaborative and sustainable environment that cultivates twenty-first century skills and fosters pioneering research and scholarship. We seek to serve the current and future needs of our local community and beyond by offering innovative academic and professional programs.
Since its foundation in 1997, the University has successfully become one of the top Universities inside the UAE, and has managed to make its mark in the educational and research industry worldwide.
Objective of the Role:
As the person leading and managing the Finance and Administrative Affairs at the University, you will work closely with the executive departments including Human Resources, Procurement, Facilities, Finance and IT, to help develop a strategy that contributes to their effectiveness and development, and that is aligned with the University s vision.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the finance/ accounting practices and internal control, purchasing activities, contract management, inventory control, property and facilities management, risk assessment and management, human resource management, payroll, employee benefits and security to monitor that the UOS goals and plans are met.
• Provide leadership and work closely with the Chancellor and other Vice Chancellors in performing long-term financial planning and acts as a partner in strategic planning, prioritization and decision-making including endowment investment priorities, capital financing options and policy matters.
• Manage the implementation of improvements to the current ERP system, governing policies, procedures and accounting standards while maintaining a high level of internal controls.
• Serve as the management liaison to the Board of Directors and present semi-annually the financial and operational reports.
• Provide leadership to the Finance and Administrative Affairs teams, and collaborate with the directors of these departments in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities, provide them with development opportunities such as training, coaching, etc., as well as report on their performance.
• Represent the University externally and negotiate agreements with banks and major supplier/service providers.
• Minimum of Master s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant discipline.
• 12-14 Years of UAE experience in leadership position preferably in higher education institutions.
• Have a successful track record of leadership in a complex organization in the higher education sector preferably.
• Skilled in strategy development, enterprise and organizational change.
• Proven capability to develop and deliver admin and financial strategies for the Division.
• Advanced knowledge of the local and regional higher education market.
• Clear presentation skills and ability to influence.
• Priority to UAE Nationals.