The Vice president for Material management plays a major role in the manufacturing process. From the time a company begins the new product development process to the time the finished product is shipped, the Vice President for Material Management impact the company by heir expertise in developing strategies to increase safety, efficiency, and productivity.
The Vice President for Material Management must be able to analyze data and processes, find creative solutions, generate reports and present findings to upper management and other departments, communicate with external suppliers and buyers, comprehend legal documents, and developing lasting relationships with others. He/She must proactive problem solver with the desire to collaborate with others.
• To manage operations and production plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed Management expectations.
• Commit to plant safety procedures.
• Maintaining High standards of Quality.
• Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
• To achieve KPIs including cost targets, service levels and delivery targets, be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
• To lead the operations and production team to ensure effective manufacturing, purchasing and dispatching of all products to customers within specific standards and schedules required
• To manage the operation and production team including recruitment, selection, training, development, performance management and succession planning.
• To manage overall costs including equipment efficiencies, waste, direct labour and materials.
• To manage production planning, forecasting, purchasing and stock control
• To maintain and improve performance of the unit on a continuous basis including cost analysis and monitoring of processes
• To work with NPD team and commercial manager to produce new products to meet required margins
• To represent the company daily with all external/internal communication with customers
• To work with the management team to develop and grow the business
• To generate reports across KPIs and financial targets
• To keep up to date with technologies and methods through research and attending trade shows
• To visit suppliers and customers to ensure quality levels are met.
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
• Collect and analyses data to find places of waste or overtime