VIE TECHNICAL EDITOR/WRITER - Riyadh
About the company
RATP Dev, a subsidiary of the RATP Group, operates and maintains urban and interurban transport networks in 12 countries through more than 110 subsidiaries. Thanks to the professionalism of our 20,000 employees and the expertise of a world leader in public transport, our subsidiaries bring performance, dynamism and reliability to our customers and to the travellers of their networks. The Group has ambitious plans for expansion, which offers bright and fresh thinking employees global career opportunities and professional development.
About the job
The primary purpose of this position is to edit, format, produce and maintain high quality documentations (O&M Plans, Procedures and Work Instructions, Maunals etc) acceptable to the Employer or his nominated representative (PMS/PMC) leading to successful achievement of payment milestones during mobilisation period.
During development period, the role is to be responsible for coordinating with other disciplines for ontime delivery of the documents (content to provide by respective department document owner and document sponsor) and act as a Project Manager' to manage the delivery of documents on time.
Post Commercial service, the role has to coordinate with various directorates for preparation and submission of Annual Plans or any other project documentations, technical reports as deemed necessary.
The position has to assist Programme Manager in implementation of document management governance and assurance processes under CAMCO's QAP as well as provide periodic report on status of documentation packages.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable quality standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Identify, plan for and revise technical writing project requirements.
- Work with peers and technical resources (content provider) to improve document quality and usability.
- Create and maintain the document information architecture in SharePoint in line with CAMCO's Document Control Procedure.
- Act as a Project Manager' of documentation package, liaise with document owner/ document sponsor and ensure documents/plans are submitted on time.
- Responsible for creation, update and monitor documentation progress trackers and liaise with Workstream leader to ensure working level activities are being executed as per plan.
- Understand the Contract Requirements and the responsibilities for delivery of Contractual Deliverables and obligations.
- Capture actual task' performance data including actual start/finish dates, work closely with PMO team and update 'actual' progress status against the plan.
- Attends internal and external meetings related to project documentations, document approval/SONO and produce slide pack, recording minutes of meeting as well as actions log as required.
- Prepare and assist the PMO team for Monthly report or any other adhoc reports.
- Report to Programme Manager and attend any tasks assigned to him during the execution of project services.
Benefits & how to apply
12-month VIE, potentially extended up to 24 months.
Based in Riyadh.
- Ideally a bachelor degree holder from any discipline with adequate exposure in English Content
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Fluency in the English language, styles, and conventions, with the ability to master technical concepts and explain them in terms appropriate for the target audience
- Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, and related technologies
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- 3 to 5 years of technical writing experience.
- Experience in working with multiple teams and resources to deliver the work