No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Visual Merchandiser for our IKEA Store, Doha Festival City, Qatar. In this role you will be responsible for:
• Planning and coordinating the execution of accessory shops, shop windows, activity podiums, perimeter breaks, self-serve, Swedish Food Market and Exit Caf displays in the IKEA
• Ensuring the integrity of the IKEA concept and brand
• In co-operation with the 1st Interior Designer ensuring that functional and inspirational display solutions are in line with running commercial activities
• Ensuring the synergy between the Visual Merchandisers and Interior Designers teams
• Together with the Sales and In-Store Logistics teams, implementing the projects or daily sales steering activities efficiently with the use of IKEA display solutions, communication and sales methods
• Supporting the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar
• Supervising and motivating the Visual Merchandisers team
• Ensuring cost-effective, safe and environmentally friendly display solutions implementation in line with local legislation
• Following IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store
• Resourcing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of home furnishing solutions within the local market
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
• A minimum of five years of retail interior design or visual merchandising experience
• A bachelor s degree Fine Arts / Visual Merchandising/ Architecture
• A proven ability to visualize, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
• Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
• A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of MS Office and design related software programs (AutoCAD)
• Leadership skills
• Decision making ability
• Passion for interior design and home furnishing
We re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click apply : Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :