Job description / Role
A leading UAE bank is looking for a VP Compute Platform. This role reports directly to the SVP and has end-to-end product and service accountability for the Compute Services domain. The role will be responsible for the portfolio of ongoing projects, the financial position of the services, and the active management of vendors, suppliers and stakeholders. The role will own the roadmap, innovation, strategy and execution.
- At least 15 yrs experience in managing high performing teams within complex technology environments.
- Experience within complex environments defined by high availability, high transaction rate and geographical complexity.
- Good financial understanding and experience in implementing service improvement plans which have delivered cost and/or service improvement.
- Good commercial experience including a track record of having either led or worked closely in a process that established or modified service delivery agreements with internal and external parties as well as sound vendor risk, performance, contractual and cost management.
- Expertise in infrastructure, with a core compute platform competency
- Current experience with next-generation compute solutions, in contrast to many executives who are rooted in legacy solutions.
- The leader must have the knowledge to drive a long-term strategy that will leverage new and emerging technologies and automation.
- Functional and technical understanding of critical systems and infrastructure services.
- Strong understanding to the technical application risks, security, compliance and audit requirements.
- Demonstrated change and transformation management of complex environments
- Demand planning including strategy and roadmap
- Demonstrated end-to-end service ownership
- Developed fit-for-purpose services based firmly on business requirements and established demand
- Demonstrated continuous service improvement
- Ensured key business drivers resulted in service development and improvement
- Demonstrated effective service demand management
- Is able to deliver design patterns that can fulfill the requirements of a fast paced and agile environment
- Catalog management (in close collaboration with business management)
- Service engineering (including level 3 support)
- Automated provisioning and assisted on-boarding
- Developing governance principles (standardization, technology stacks, automation)
- Technology lifecycle management