If you are an experienced Solutions Engineer with strong storage and virtualization experience and if you are looking to take your career to the next level, please read on.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) team focusing on vSAN/HCI (Hyper-converged Infrastructure).
At VMware we are looking to hire a Solutions Engineer who has Pre-Sales experience, and also understands the job duties and role for Post-Sales.
As a Pre-Sales Senior Solutions Engineer at VMware, you will be the primary technical resource for the field sales-force. Our Pre-Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products.
This is a customer facing position. Your role would include being involved in first calls, meetings, presenting technical material (whiteboard, demos), qualifying and quantifying sales opportunities, PoC's, documentation, and installs. In this position, you are expected to help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical expert in the room. You will establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This position may require you to be hands on at times, so apart from having excellent communications and presentation skills, having technical expertise, ESXi, and Hands on Server and Storage expertise are also important.
Additional responsibilities will include mentoring and enabling Field and Channels located in a variety of locations.
• BA/BS or equivalent required
• 10+ years of experience in Pre-sales storage technology and virtualization related work, including roles in Pre-sales and Technical Account Sales
• Experience in creating revenue generating program for partners
• Experience with Pre-sales Account Management and sales methodologies
• Strong presentation skills as well as ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
• Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
• Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation, respond to RFPs, and submit professional reports
• Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions a plus
• Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, networking problems
• Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN/NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
• Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
• Must be able to persuade and influence senior enterprise IT Architects and C-level executives
• Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive
• You have a BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job-related experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This position is eligible for the JoinSDDC referral campaign