The role s purpose is to direct and coordinate all warehouse activities with the warehouse managers to ensure proper delivery material and control and accuracy of the warehouse inventory.
The warehouse coordinator conducts all activities related to warehousing operations and administration for materials, according to the material categories of competence, including:
• Planning, supervising and controlling warehousing activities for all materials
• Controlling and supporting Warehouse Specialist in reception, storage, issue, and recording of items in SAP
• Conducting effective space management in stores
• Preparing delivery batches
The Warehouse operator reports to the Manager, Warehouse management.
• Regularly with end users for materials issue and return
• Regularly with Inventory planner
• Regularly with Tactical buyers for issues related to the expediting process (e.g., materials inspection, material return, etc.)
• Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the warehouse.
• Ensure that materials are received in a timely manner, inspected for damage and accuracy and allocated to the designated storage location
• Plan and organize storage space to ensure optimal utilization of warehouse
• Ensure special precautions are taken for storage of volatile/inflammatory or sensitive materials to ensure safety
• Prepare documents such as receiving reports and payment approvals, damage reports, technical inspection requests, etc.
• Ensure inventory information is updated
• Initiate inventory counting cycles
• Consolidate and prioritize material orders to ensure specific shipping instructions are considered, material pickup schedule is communicated and shipping dates are respected
• Control and monitor the issue of materials and spare parts according to the FIFO principle and as per company procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate recording of material movement in SAP and monitor regular updating for all transactions
• Meet established department KPI, SLA and individual annual goals and metrics.
• Maintain all safety and security measures per organizational policies.
• Diploma in Materials Management or equivalent qualification
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent is preferred
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, in inventory management/material handling
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
• Good knowledge of warehousing operations and administration activities
• Knowledge of SAP and/or equivalent system
• Spoken English is required. (Arabic language skills desirable)