, Posted on June 12, 2018
The Water System Supervisor will take ownership of all water treatment systems and equipment. This position reports to the Utilities Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
The Water System Supervisor will:
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Provide daily work assignments and supervise all assigned Water Treatment Technicians performing various tasks related to potable and non-potable water treatment processes
• Perform work required for the preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, repair, installation and modernization of all water purification and waste water treatment equipment for the Union III compound, including:
Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Units (ROWPU)
Underground water storage tanks
Domestic water pumps, valves and other equipment
Cold water distribution pipes
Waste water treatment system
• Ensure water quality testing and quality of potable water meets the requirements and guidelines specified in the August 2004 U.S. Department of State (DOS) Drinking Water Safety Program from the Office of Safety/Health Environmental Management (SHEM)
• Ensure the water supply, purification and distribution system is operational twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred sixty-five days a year (24X7X365) with N+1 redundancy
• Ensure that disposal of sludge and effluent is approved by DOD and in accordance with local laws
• Ensure that any pre-designated outages or maintenance that reduces redundancy of the systems are coordinated with the Contracting Officer s Representative (COR) a minimum of five days in advance
• Ensure that qualified technicians respond to emergencies within two hours, twenty-four hours a day
• Supervise repairs of system malfunctions by methods to include replacing burned out elements, fuses, and defective piping, cleaning and repairing motors and components
• Supervise the collection of water samples from various locations, the recording of data for regulatory reports, and the adjustment of chemical feed rates
• Operate multiple water treatment systems, raw water wells, chemical feed systems and monitor storage tank levels throughout the site
• Conduct water sampling and analysis as required for compliance and process control
• Perform maintenance on in-plant water systems
• Maintain and calibrate hand-held and on-line monitoring equipment and treatment equipment as required
• Follow PAE s environmental, health, and safety policies, and be an active advocate of a safe work place
• Perform data collection and record keeping of various systems in operation according to prescribed schedules
• Interpret system operation readings and make recommendations for necessary corrective actions
• Test components such as motors and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions
• Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the Operations Manager
• Assist in developing the Statement of Work (SOW) when requested
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections
• Maintain effective, timely and respectful communication and interaction with employees, managers, support staff and other organizations
• Perform administrative tasks including material ordering, inventory, work scheduling
• Collect, analyze and summarize data for report preparation and submit written reports
• Maintain the appropriate technical library and record-keeping which documents all procedures necessary to accomplish assigned responsibilities
• Be responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts
• Maintain and calibrate hand-held and on-line monitoring equipment and treatment equipment as required
• Control treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for domestic consumption
• Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety and applicable codes
• Evaluate operational effectiveness and develop/maintain effective operational control mechanisms
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
• Must be certified in water purification and waste water treatment. Completion of an Apprentice program with Journeyman certificates in water purification and/or waste water treatment, or have an AA/AS degree from a two year college and/or equivalent field experience is strongly preferred.
• Requires a minimum of five years experience in water purification and waste water treatment operations with a minimum of three years experience in municipal water treatment, municipal water distribution, and/or operation of well systems, water treatment operation, and repair in an overseas location
• Work experience on Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Units (ROWPU) is required
• Must have knowledge of all principles and processes involved in the repair, maintenance, installation, and modernization of water/waste water treatment for buildings and grounds at an overseas facility
• Requires knowledge and experience with the storage and handling of chlorine and other industrial chemicals
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations is essential in light industrial work environment is required
• Must have knowledge of applicable U.S. Codes and accepted trade practices
• Requires knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical and mechanical trades, and the related safety precautions
• Must have good organizational and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
• Experience working with PAE is desired
• Prefer someone with experience working with SOW, sub-contractors, budgets, estimating, working drawings and as-builts
• Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services
• Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective is required
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
• Requires advanced computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team is required
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
• Strong professional English communication skills, both oral and written
• Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination
• US Citizenship is required for this position
• Must possess or be able to obtain an active, verifiable DoD or DoS clearance (minimum Secret, or higher as required by the position). Must maintain eligibility at the required security level for the duration of the contract.
• Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
• Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
• Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
• Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People also searched for
Founded in 1955, PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of a broad range of customers, including the U.S. government, its allied partners and various international organizations. Having its headquarters in Arlington, VA, USA, the company’s portfolio includes ca
pabilities in critical infrastructure, integrated security solutions, aviation, expeditionary logistics, capacity building and stabilization, enterprise-level technology products and software, and identity and information management solutions.
Since its inception, PAE has been supporting the execution of complex missions of its clients around the globe by providing national security solutions, stability operations and global logistics solutions. Strongly committed to bring diversity, PAE includes a global workforce of over 15,000 professionals in more than 60 countries. The company recognizes the best talent from different parts of the world to deliver 100% customer satisfaction. Moreover, PAE is an equal opportunity employer that is always on the lookout for skilled and dedicated people.
View Contact Details
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job