Your Role and Responsibilities
Ready to change the way the world works? IBM Watson uses AI and cognitive computing to tackle some of humanity's most challenging problems - like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer or transforming how businesses engage with customers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Watson Technical Architect in Data & AI to help usher in the new era of AI.
As a Watson Technical Architect, you will be selling solutions that will support the next era of cognitive computing. IBM Data&AI has a strong pipeline of opportunities and is looking for passionate and motivated Technical Architect to help our clients take the AI journey with Watson and other Data&AI solutions.
The Watson Technical Architect will:
• Work with the most influential enterprises in the MEA region to transform business operations with AI solutions.
• Leverage in-depth knowledge, experience and insight to address client's business issues (which may include client, industry or technology related pressures) with Watson solutions that improve the client's return on investment.
• Support and execute the sales process with in-depth sales, organizational, business and professional skills.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of the selected business solution, the IBM capabilities that surround this solution and the value the solution can bring to our client s business issues.
• Team with client sales team, providing technical sales support on Watson offerings in line with client needs.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to line of business executives as well as customer IT departments.
• Provide feedback from customers to Product Marketing, Product Management, and Product Development.
• Engage additional resources as needed to support the sale.
• Understand unstructured data solutions, with preferred specific expertise in search and unstructured analytics.
Key soft skills
• Ability to articulate the value of IBM's Data&AI Portfolio
• Ability to understand market dynamics of the AI space to lead competitive positioning from a technical and economical perspective.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, discipline, with attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks.
• Competitive self-starter with a sense of urgency.
• Interact with corporate-level executives .
• Objection handling skills.
• Understand prospect insiders and how competition sells to the account. Develop insights from this and from public sources.
• Stay ahead and on top of all new product features and fixes.
• Provide technical consultation and education to the Sales team and Business Partners by keeping them apprised on new product information.
Key technical skills
• Experience with Watson services and solutions: Watson Services, Watson Assistant, Watson Discovery, Watson Explorer, Watson NL Understanding, Watson Compare&Comply, etc.
• Experience with core enabling technologies: Open Source, ML, Deep Learning, Databases, networking, Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge in IBM AI Platform and Data Science space: Cloud Pak for Data, SPSS, Decision Optimization, R and Python programming, etc.
• Experience with data integration and governance solutions, including but not limited to IBM Information Server, Informatica, Oracle, Talend, Ab Initio.
• Knowledge of in the Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.