The web designer/developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of websites for INDEX Holding and its member companies. He or She is involved with the technical and graphical aspects of the website - how the site works and how it looks. He or she is also involved with the maintenance and update of an existing site.
• Writing and editing content
• Designing webpage layout
• Determining technical requirements
• Updating websites
• Creating back up files
• Solving code problems
• Write modular, documented and efficient code
• Develop simple web applications; such as user registration, online shopping cart using Microsoft Windows Server 2003, SQL, and ASP/ASP.Net
• Test the site for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions ensuring web sites are accessible from a variety of different environments
• Import word processing files into electronically-designed page layouts
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
• Manage all sites, allocating the relevant amount of time while meeting tight time constraints and tight deadlines
• Liaise with project managers and team members to discuss objectives, requirements and reasonable deadlines for the job, interpret their needs and develop sites to suit their purposes
• Proofread and edit text to produce accurate and high quality work
• Work well in a team, with other designers, account managers, and IT managers
• Troubleshoot and repair bugs and problems
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor s Degree in a relevant field is required
• Wordpress theme development experience required.
• Can Speak and write in Arabic.
• Two to three years of extensive web design and development experience
• Experience with common computing platforms (Windows, Macintosh) is required Experience with search engine applications and database integration with web pages is preferred
• Databases - MySQL, MS SQL 2005