Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 80+ cities across 13 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
Careem's engineers are blazing trails in all facets of massively scalable application design and development. Like other companies facing explosive growth, our application engineers are willing to pick up any language, technology, or methodology necessary to solve challenges and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary.
As a Web Engineer, you will work in a team environment in the design and development of web applications. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web technologies. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in web frontend frameworks / technologies and user-experience integration.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role requires experience in designing complex, distributed systems and a passion for creating new technology. You will be responsible for modifying and maintaining our web applications.
This includes working with the designers, integrating HTML designs into the application using JS / server-side technologies, and writing powerful client-side solutions using standard JS frameworks (Angular and React). The engineer will also be responsible for writing the server-side web applications in Java and Node.JS.
Key responsibilities include:
• Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3 front-end UI code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile web projects.
• Deliver best-in-class web applications with standard practices using (and having detailed knowledge of) native JS, and JS frameworks Angular JS and React JS (ReactJS preferred).
• Possess good knowledge of web UI and frameworks; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states.
• Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
• Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications.
• Work with Product Managers, Design Team and Developers and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
• 5+ yrs experience in web application development.
• Proficiency with UI development technologies is a major plus, such as HTML5, CSS, jQuery etc.
• Experienced with CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files, include function to manage common elements
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of User Centered Design principles and methods.
• Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Competitive remuneration and equity shares
• Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
• 25 working days annual leave
• Discounted Careem rides plus free credits inline with company growth
• Entrepreneurial working environment
• Flexible working arrangements
• Mentorship and career growth
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :