The key measurement of performance will be performance versus the Revenue goals.
Working within the Sales team, this position has responsibility for responding to all Weddings & Social Events enquiries in order to maximize revenue & utilization of event spaces, working to ensure, at a minimum, delivery of
budgeted revenues. The Sales Executive Weddings & Social Events will manage and convert all business, including contracting and managing group room and function diary inventory and events as well as events planning. The Sales Executive Weddings & Social Events must demonstrate high energy levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service, in accordance with Marriott International Standards & Programmes.
• Responsible for account management on an assigned account base and any weddings/ social events leads, ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
• Review contracts, event orders, proposals, and checking space availability for events booked before sharing.
• Work on Banquet Events Orders, resumes and daily event postings.
• Set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and insider tours to all existing and potential accounts within assigned account base and related to weddings and social events.
• Proactively prospects new accounts for the hotel and Marriott International by following the sales process through to convert into producing accounts.
• Responsible for all wedding and social events requests including 10 rooms and above attached to banqueting facilities or only banqueting facilities
• Demonstrate high energy levels and focus on providing consistently high levels of customer service.
•Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
•Follow up of tentative bookings for weddings and social events.
• Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
•Manages the completion of all Group RFPs/Group Contracts solicitations ensuring they are completed accurately and in line with budgeted guidelines.
Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments and confirmation to client.
• Re-negotiation within guidelines for all accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
• Keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
• To arrange and manage insider tours.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan and the required budgetary guidelines of
the Hotel, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• Assist the DOS/ ADOS EBC in defining an annual sales action plan within set cost budget structure, take responsibility for the compilation of the competitor rate and product information and execute set actions accordingly.
• Comply and execute monthly sales action plans as agreed with DOS/ ADOS EBC
• Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each account/prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that the sales activities re aligned with hotel strategy.
• Maintain knowledge of market, competition and customers. Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.) Also explore and compare Group traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors
•Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of hotel
•Maintain Company Brand Standards within the hotel.
•Adhere to the Crporate HID s.
•Assist the EBC team where required, to ensure the efficient day to day operations of the Sales Department.
•Attend daily departmental briefing providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries of the previous day.
•Ensuring to utilize systems (Opera, Outlook, Marsha, MGS etc.) to the full capacity.
•Document all sales actions in Opera.
•Update OPERA contact database at all times.
•Responsible for assigned account base statistics. Supervise completion of reports.
•On weekly basis, prepare an activity report which will cover sales call
reports, insider tours, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment and other functions they participated in during the week and presents to DOS/ ADOS EBC.
•Update DOS/ ADOS EBC on monthly results.
•Participate in marketing strategies and take responsibility for agreed projects, such as direct marketing,
production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns, in support of Director of Sales.
• Understand andstrictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Talents Handbook and the Hotel s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
• Ensure thatall potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
Additional responsibilities an task can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.