Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Well Engineer for the Eastern Hemisphere operations in Dubai, UAE.
Member of Well Engineering team leads well engineering activities within area of geographical responsibility according to guidelines and processes set out in the IWS Management System, international and/or local standards, and regulations and customer requirements. The IWS WE is part of the headquarters engineering supporting team that provides technical and operational support for drilling operations from the tendering stage through project commencement, operations and wrap-up. The WE will be mostly dedicated to support tenders, studies and preparation of proposals. During tendering phases, in addition of engineering work, she/he will be supporting commercial and procurement teams. During operations he/she interfaces with stake holders to ensure safe and cost effective job execution. The WE ensure that an optimal, safe and cost effective well design is prepared and detailed procedures are provided to the execution team; the WE supports the operations team during execution providing operational follow up, technical assistance, and troubleshooting support. The WE reviews design and /or execution optimization opportunities and coordinate its implementation.
The position reports to the IWS Eastern Hemisphere Engineering Lead.
• Participate in tender bid preparation process as needed for well engineering input. This might include travel to other office locations
• Participate in and conduct customer presentations & meetings, as needed, including travel to other office locations
• Preparation of well engineering design and operational plans for drilling of wells in area of responsibility including well planning, casing design, material and equipment selection, log evaluation, quality assurance and post-job evaluation
• Define rig selection criteria and requirements
• Monitor and apply current best practices, technological advancements to all operations
• Prepare and participate in peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to drilling engineering
• Participate in team meetings and strategy discussions
• Provide engineering support to field level operations
• Plan and perform drilling engineering activities (well design, drilling program preparation, drilling procedures, etc.) at office level and provide engineering support to field level operations
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis investigation
• Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s)
• Communicate effectively with well site/project Drilling Engineers on a daily and as needed basis, and make recommendations to engineers to optimize drilling performance
• Cost / Risk analysis and AFE preparation for drilling operations
• Ensure that actual well costs and other pre-defined KPIs are monitored and bench marked against offset data and pre-defined well objectives
• Conduct post well evaluations of drilling practices and effectiveness
• Comply with BHGE s HSE policies and guidelines as per IWS Management System. Contribute to improved HSE standards by setting example by safe work practices
• Participate in implementation of QA procedures as per IWS Management System and contractual requirements
• Conduct business according to BHGE Culture Pillars
• Well site engineering support may be required at times
• Handle special projects, as assigned
• Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor/Master s degree in engineering from an accredited university (or equivalent)
• Well Control certification is an advantage
• Geo-mechanics knowledge is an advantage
• 7+ years as Drilling Engineer or Well Engineer or similar positions preferably in both onshore/offshore
• Experience in StressCheck, Hydraulics & Torque and Drag, Casing design, and probabilistic analysis using Crystal Ball simulations
• Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical, decision making and planning skills
• Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across multiple Product Companies, functions, geographies, external parties
• Capability to influence at all levels
• Ability to communicate fluently in English (oral, written)
• Previous experience with an Operator, Integrated Service Company and/or Products & Services additional to BHGE Oilfield Services
• Experience with LSTK or integrated projects
• 50% of travel might be required
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more