Our reputed client, a Government Oil and Gas Company is looking forward to recruit for the position of "Well head Tower Operator in Abu Dhabi; UAE.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Reporting to: Wireline Supervisor
Operates panels on Wellhead Towers including shutting down/ starting-up, oil and gas well testing using test separators assigned to an Offshore Productions Area, field changes, Choke adjustment, Changes orifice plates as required, Tops up chemicals, collects oil/ water samples, conducts pressure surveys and carries out annulus pressure surveys.
(The Wellhead Tower includes Oil, Water and gas Well producers and injectors' X-mass trees, Test Separators Surface Safety Systems, F&G Systems and attached surface and Sub-Sea Pipeline networks, risers, pig launchers and receivers. The jobholder works on 12 hours duty).
• Prepares the Wellhead Towers for routine/ planned maintenance and carries out first line maintenance. Carries out infield oil/ water and gas pipelines cleaning and intelligent pigging operations.
• Tours the Wellhead Towers daily to implement field changes, collects Oil / water sample, conducts pressure surveys, prepares test separator for well testing programs and ensures efficient operations according to prescribed conditions.
• Records in a log sheets operating data such as pressure, temperature, levels of each wellhead tower including separators, scrubbers, gas headers and risers. Reports to Production Supervisor abnormal readings. Implements approved remedial actions immediately.
• Operates according to established procedures, including starting-up/ shutting-down the wellhead towers and adjusting associates chokes to maintains the required levels, flow rates, pressure and temperature.
• Prepares the wellhead towers and sub-sea pipelines for maintenance as per the established procedures when required, accompanies the Instrument/ Mechanical / Electrical Technicians to explain defects / faults ensuring safe preparations of equipment for routine planned maintenance and test such repaired equipment to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
• Informs Supervisor for the replenishments of stores stock items / chemicals necessary for operating the wellhead tower and sub-sea pipelines, checks consignments and endorses loading / delivery notes.
• Maintains adequate housekeeping according to Company's safety regulations. Mixes chemicals to appropriate ratios and prepares doses for injections into productions streams whenever required.
• Reports near misses encountered with his day to day activities related to unsafe conditions and practices. Prepares equipment for maintenance in accordance with established procedures, Company's safety regulations and maintains adequate standard of housekeeping throughout the plants.
• Ensures adherence to Company's safety rules, procedures and standards.
• Performs first line routine services greasing, lubricating, adjusting glands, tightening loose connections, changing filters producing weekly chemicals stock / consumption reports and preparing isolations confirmation certificates ICC.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor, participating in training / developing new recruits / UAE Nationals employees / juniors. Carries out annulus pressure surveys as required by fields supervisor and reports in a log any abnormalities.
• Maintains environmental protections by implementing the safe procedure for handling dangerous wastes and apply waste segregations procedure.
• Secondary Education Certificate followed by 1-year Diploma in Technical Trade.
• 3 - 4 years' experience preferably in offshore production/ plant operations including first-line maintenance.
• Good knowledge of English.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Equipment Operations - Machine / Crane / Forklift