The main purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical support to UN Women Lebanon s women and economic empowerment programme, by drafting a 5-year strategy and enhancing the programme design.
Responsibilities, Scope of Work, and Tasks:
Working in close coordination with WEE team, the consultant is expected to prepare to do the following:
A) Prepare a desk review on WEE in Lebanon:
This consolidates and summarizes information on:
• Evaluations, successful project models, and best practices for WEE projects in Lebanon;
• Recent polices and limitation for diverse nationalities of women (Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian, migrant workers) in Lebanon;
• Economic opportunities for women (Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian, migrant workers) in potential strategic economic sectors, including ICT, social care (elderly, children, nursing), environment, agriculture in Lebanon;
• Gender-responsive economic and labor policy initiatives and reform needs in Lebanon.
*This may include interviews with experts on WEE in Lebanon.
B) Support in a strategy development workshop: This includes:
• Using evidence generated in the desk review to support strategic thinking on WEE in Lebanon;
• Drawing on expertise, to substantively contribute to strategic thinking for the programme with the UN Women WEE unit.
**This can be conducted remotely or in country.
C) Draft the 5-year programme strategy, and programme design: This includes:
• Revised WEE objectives, with separate approaches and change pathways for WEE based on women s nationality (citizens, refugees, migrants) this includes targeted attention to the Syria refugee crisis;
• Selected WEE project models, with evidence and justification;
• Selected strategic WEE sectors, with evidence and justification;
• Logical framework with outputs, activities, and indicators.
Deliverables and Time Frame:
The following deliverables will be expected:
• 1 literature review with summarized information on thematic areas (Early of October 2019);
• 1 strategy workshop (remote or in country) (Mid of October 2019);
• 1 updated strategy paper, including a programme logical framework (approximately 7-10 pages) (End of October 2019).