Writing, English, Speech, Communication
The Undergraduate School
Required Education and Experience :
• Master s degree in Writing, English, Speech, Communications, or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Professional experience in Writing, English, Speech, Communications, or related field.
Please attach conferred unofficial transcripts and/or credential evaluations for all graduate degrees.
• Preference given to those who can teach in multiple disciplines
• You must meet the minimum technology requirements, which can be reviewed at https://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/upload/Adjunct-Faculty-Minimum-Technology-Requirements.pdf
• Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred.
• Local applicants only. Adjunct faculty positions are not eligible for UMUC sponsored logistical support.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMUC
UMUC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.