Your Role and Responsibilities
Learn as you Earn Program Upskill in IBM technology, in high demand IBM is a partner to multiple clients across Qatar. Our clients in multi national and local banks and government organisations work closely with IBMers to enable economies at scale.
Have you heard of GDPR in the news lately? IBMs Mainframe has been going for over 50 years and continues to transform (now named IBM Z) and support large organisations as their enterprise backbone, for transactions and business. Banks and Governments across the world have Mainframe at the core of their DNA. The world, businesses and C-level Executives running such organisations need to modernise, connect and transform to the Cloud, incorporate new regulations such as GDPR, without impact on their transaction entities.
IBM is giving you this exciting opportunity! You can work with not just IBM, but directly with our clients too. With the possibility of a technical subject matter expert career inside or outside of IBM, being the result of your hard work.
Embark on a journey of learning, certifications and direct client interaction, whilst learning the rare and lucrative skills of the Mainframe, IBM Z.
Apply today if you:
• Are fresh graduate (computer science, information systems) with 1-3 years working, technical experience
• Want to apply your skills and certifications, on real-life projects, to benefit our large clients
• Have practical Linux experience, with a theoretical understanding of Cloud
What IBM will do for you:
• You ll be in a team of like-minded professionals, working with real clients
• You ll be allocated a buddy and mentor to help and guide you
• You ll be given access to an unrivalled amount of learning and certifications to add to your digital profile (just a few examples, ranging from design thinking, blockchain, or cloud to enterprise computing)
Day to Day:
• Use Design Thinking and DevOps practices in the real world
• Build, experiment and learn Mainframe skill sets,
• Show progress, present and apply your added skills and value with our clients
Beneficial skills, but not mandatory:
• Basic programming skills in Java, Swift, or other relevant Programming Language
• Knowledge of Linux and Linux Administration
• Knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Java Script, etc
• Master degree