Human resource assistants are one of the most crucial people in an organization as they help HR directors and managers accomplish HR-related tasks. Given their all-encompassing role, HR assistants are involved with a vast list of tasks, be it documenting grievances, terminations, absences, performance reports, and compensation and benefits.
Although the major responsibilities and duties of an HR assistant may vary from organization to organization, there are some generic tasks that are common across organizations. Here’s a job description sample for HR assistant job that you can refer while drafting requirements for your organization:
Job Brief of an HR Assistant
[Company Name] is looking for a dynamic and creative professional for the role of Human Resources Assistant. The candidate must be excellent at managing employee records, recording & updating files, and preparing reports. S/he must be extremely organized and have an eye for the detail.
Job Responsibilities of an HR Assistant
The HR Assistant will assist in the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. S/he will be responsible for carrying out responsibilities related to employment, departmental development, executive administration, employee relations, organizational development, training & development, compensation, and benefits.
Also Read: Accounts Assistant Job Description Sample
Job Duties of an HR Assistant
The major job duties of an HR Assistant involve:
- Ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the various HR functions and duties
- Offering clerical and administrative support to subordinates in the human resources departments
- Handling employee requests concerning human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Handling employee complaints and grievance
- Coordinating with candidates to schedule interviews
- Conducting orientation programs for newly hired employees
- Helping recruiters with sourcing candidates and updating the database
- Compiling and updating employee records in the form of both, hard and soft copies
- Providing relevant data such as absences, leaves, etc., for the purpose of payroll preparation
- Coordinating, organizing and implementing various HR projects
- Documenting processes and preparing reports relating to various personnel activities such as recruitment, staffing, training, performance evaluations, grievances, etc.
Skill & Qualifications of an HR Assistant
We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of experience as an HR assistant or related position in the HR function
- Postgraduate/Graduate Degree with specialization in HR
- Brilliant reporting and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent database management and record keeping skills
- Decent knowledge and understanding of various employment laws and practices
Also Read: Human Resources Manager Job Description
This human resources assistant sample job description can serve as a reference point when you have to draft something similar for your organization. You can modify this to align it according to your organization’s specific needs to attract more and more qualified job candidates.
Image Source: tulpahn / Shutterstock.com
Find Latest Jobs here : https://www.naukrigulf.com/hr-assistant-jobs